- let it be known to the world that Andrew J Finck throws the best parties.
- work until 4pm – check
5pm vigil Mass – check
party until 2:30am – check
two-point-five-hour nap – check
hot shower – check
- “Faith is not thinking God can, but knowing that He will.” thanks, ate annrhee =)
- received a second wedding invite for 2015… one that i’ve been looking forward to receiving for over four years =) God is so good! <3
- … He does not come with power and outward splendor… He comes as a baby – defenseless… He does not want to overwhelm us with His strength… He takes away our fear of His greatness… He asks for our love: so He makes himself a child… God made Himself small so that we could understand Him, welcome Him… love Him…
- WWWHHHYYYYYYYYY is yakult only served in 2.1 fl oz servings…. >.< =/ =(
- flight, hotel, and car booked. i’ll be adding nebraska to my list of officially visited states in just a couple of weeks…
- gotta love friends that can get together on a whim and nail O Magnum Mysterium a cappella =)
- this is how the Catholic DO — with Marty Arlinghaus and 9 others atHofbrauhaus Newport.
- we cray — with Nathanael Egan and 4 others at Brothers Newport.
- poorly-positioned barrels –> knees bruised from polka. from polka! dancing battle scars; utter madness. <3 oh happy heart <3
- the music these new guys put on at work make me want to learn Spanish so that I can understand what I’m dancing to… — at Brazenhead Irish Pub.
- uhmmmmmm i just found out that Tony Jaa is going to be in Furious 7. mind mega blown and internal movie hype craze increased exponentially.
- “my father… he used to have barbecue every sunday after church. for anybody in the neighborhood. if you didn’t go to church, you didn’t get any barbecue.” <3
- MY LITTLE BRO IS OFFICIALLY TRIPLE-MAJORING. UTTER MADNESS.Paco congrats <3
- getting home earlier than your two little brothers, after a night of bar-hopping, sure is one way to make a little girl feel pretty old.
- safe travels to all my friends headed out for the March. +AMDG+
- Kuya Marty’s out in DC, so Paco served at Mass today! it seemed quite fitting. hashtag one blessed Ate <3
- wow. apparently, i’m really bad at eating Christmas chocolate. i’m discovering uneaten Christmas chocolate all over my desk…
- hey there, Nebraska / this is your new friend, Aurora — traveling to Lincoln, Nebraska from Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG).
- solo vacay means:
1) my first pair of pumps, ever. just standard, classic, black.
2) i’ve already made it halfway through a Good Book from where i left it at page 2 almost a month ago.
3) i’m drinking orange juice straight from its 2.7-quart jug.
- guys. let’s go to a wedding.
- CHRISTOPHER LEE WAS IN GORMENGHAST?! mind melted. 9-year-old self did not quite catch that.
- byebye solo vacay weekend… — at Lincoln Municipal Airport.
- wow susyal. may invisible pianista sa airport food court. hashtag I’m actually eating rice — at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- // Somehow… God must contrive to break through those routines of ours and remind us once again, like Israel, that we are ultimately dependent only upon him, that he has made us and destined us for life with him through all eternity, that the things of this world and this world itself are not our lasting city, that his we are that we must look to him and turn to him in everything. Then it is, perhaps, that he must allow our whole world to be turned upside down… to bring us to our senses and restore our sense of values, to turn our thoughts once more to him – even if at first our thoughts are questioning and full of reproaches… //
- nothing like coming home from Mass to mother’s homemade bread for breakfast. and irish butter. om nom nom.
- “God doesn’t want your resume; He wants your heart.”
- and let another mini Pond Hill reunion commence — with Melissa French atAwakenings Coffee and Wine.
- shatfest 2015 quote #1: how do you fall asleep if your bed’s not glowing??? — with Benjamin Bloomfield.
- shatfest 2015 quote #2 (post-romulan ale consumption): I need to stay here for a while.
- shatfest 2015 quote #3: I know all those old jokes, but my brain works faster than – my mouth works faster than my brain does. — with Nathanael Egan.
- shatfest 2015: Shatner raps; who knew?
- shatfest 2015 quote #4: Gotta Catch Santa Claus; we won’t be able to stand it again.
- shatfest 2015 quotes #s 5 & 6: it got 17% on rotten tomatoes. 17%; that high?!?! — with Andrew J Finck.
- from shatfest to marvel… — with Andrew J Finck and Nathanael Egan.
- so ends shat-turned-marvelfest 2015. boom. — with Regina Krusling and 6 others.
- ~ we may not count her armies, we may not see her King; her fortress is a faithful heart, her pride is suffering; and soul by soul, and silently, her shining bounds increase, and her ways are ways of gentleness, and all her paths are peace ~ Rebecca
- baked hot chocolates, coffees, pillows and blankets and nest-like chairs, and a private clarinet-and-piano concert courtesy of Brian and Rosemary. =) =) =)— with Rebecca Rice.
- SNOW DAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!
- some sir commanded my Sunday be a Funday. very persuasive sir. oh Yesterday’s, how sorely I have missed thee. — at Yesterdays Old Time Saloon.
- ~ let Your love be my companion in the war against my pride, long to break all vain obsession till You’re all that i desire, turn my eyes to see Your face as all my fears surrender, hold my heart within this grace where burden turns to wonder… and i know Your love has won it all ~
- gahhh. epic homily today =)
~ mercy, mercy, bring me to my knees as the morning calls to light the dark in me ~
- ~ o happy fault / o happy fault / that gained for us so great a Redeemer / fortunate fall / fortunate fall / that gained for us so great a Redeemer ~
- my Octave of Easter exercises in spontaneity have thus far included consuming a bag of mangorind in under twelve hours. zoops.
- safely home from my 736-mile exercise in spontaneity… please keep my mama and papa in your prayers. maraming salamat <3
- there is something so incredibly surreal about getting a wedding invitation from someone you’ve known since third grade… gahh! sixteen years!!! =D and counting…
- exactly six months to the day since the last time 0100 on a sunday morn saw me at Molly Malone’s for an Easter Rising concert. what a blessed Octave of Easter indeed <3
- so. law enforcement friends. any insight into what makes a cop go up to a girl and give her a card for a concealed-carry course? i mean, you know, he’s not exactly standing at the door handing them out.
- it’s the little things… friends showing up at work on a whim, the post-closing-shift beer offered by the co-worker who remembered that you said you didn’t like hoppy some four months back, goodnight bear hugs… what generous hearts i encounter daily! how often do i forget to be grateful for these little gifts of self.
- it is much easier to justify the consumption of multiple chocolate bars when they are sandwiched between graham crackers. hashtag too lazy to roast marshmallows on the stove.
- what a perfectly lovely day to be indoors. at a distillery. preoccupied with bourbon. yes, that sounds perfect.
- Today, I took a long, hard look down into a mash fermenter with a total capacity of 92,086.92 gallons. Yep. It was pretty freaking big. — at Buffalo Trace Distillery.
- Confirmed: Lychee Sake + Raspberry Sorbet = om nom.
- April 24. Mama Prosperidad and Papa’s 49th wedding anniversary. NinongAlbino‘s MUMBLEMUMBLE birthday. My 1-year graduation anniversary. Friday. Happy day. Off to Mass and Adoration =) <3 God is so good.
- Calling out lines [in Daredevil] three seconds before they’re said.
Ninong: 1/1 — with Albino Lokoh.
- daredevil marathoning with daddy <— officially my favorite thing that I’ve done thus far in my twenty-fourth year in Thulcandra. now, please excuse us; we’ve only gotten about three hours of sleep. sleeeeeeeeep. — with Bong Ofhfs.
- counting down the days to pacquiao vs. mayweather…
- nothing like a giant MCI reunion to usher in summertime <3 God is good.
- ~ and it may not be clear as a morning yet / it may not be wide as a restless sea / and it may not be red as a rose is yet / it may not be strong as the old oak trees / but love planted deeply becomes what it ought to and / hearts given freely become what they ought to and / love planted deeply becomes what it ought to be ~
- 4/30/14 – pilipinas. 4/30/13 – lisbon. today – in the US… doing laundry… lol.
- six years to the day since pacquiao vs. hatton. OH EM GEE.
- “i just found out that the basement is underground.” – nino, 6
- yes, it’s nearly one in the morning… yes, we just watched a ton of marvel… yes, we still did night prayer… yes, we’re still starting tomorrow at 7:15 with morning prayer, the rosary, Mass, the Divine Office, and midmorning prayer. then, work. yay <3 =)
- it begins. — with Em Osterling and 3 others at Blind Lemon.
- they call it the champagne of beers — with Em Osterling and 3 others atTavern on the Hill.
- excellent tasting today, and three-for-three for me today! guessed the lees on the first, the neutral french oak on the third, and the carbonation method on the fourth. boom =) was on FIRE today. now for sleeeeeeep. siping with my mama =) tita cora, tito eddie, tito mike, tito rommel, tita alma, and tita ‘mele are also safely here. so much <3
- playing the alphabet game with nino. he was on C.
mom: is someone coaching him back there?
migi: no; i was going to say “car.”
- can i just say that corona is truly the only appropriate thing to be drinking while watching fast & furious. floppy disk LOLfest.
- Fr. Adam sang the Salve Regina at Theology on Tap. BOOM. *fist pump* — at Oregon Express Bar and Restaurant.
- i may or may not have spent 87.53% of the ordination Mass crying.
- life is not what i thought it was / twenty-four hours ago / still i’m singing / Spirit, take me up in arms with You / and i’m not who i thought i was / twenty-four hours ago / still i’m singing / Spirit, take me up in arms with You
- it is 16:05 and I am finally sitting down for my first meal today! there is much rejoicing.
- schlafly hefeweizen. not half bad, guys. not half bad.
- we measure our time by how many nights we have left to drink together. who knows when we’ll all be in one house again.
- i have always told everyone that i wasn’t named after anything or anyone. BUT MY GODFATHER JUST TOLD ME THAT I’M NAMED AFTER SOMEONE IN DAYS OF OUR LIVES. MY WORLD IS SHATTERED. IS THIS TRUE. HELP.
- music is worthless unless it can make a complete stranger break down and cry, and if i tell you, lover, alone without love, what will happen, lover, alone without love? will you miss him? love alone without love, without love
- I want to know a song can rise from the ashes of a broken life and all that’s dead inside can be reborn
- seriously never understood the politics of Jurassic Park before tonight.
- ~ there’s no comfort in the waiting room, just nervous pacers bracing for bad news, and then the nurse comes round and everyone will lift their heads, but I’m thinking of what Sarah said; “Love is watching someone die,” so who’s going to watch you die ~
- counting down the… Easter Rising-concerts-to-Eccleisa. tonight was the third-to-last, and I got to share it with my sibs and Rebecca! <3 heart happy.
- #ThrowbackThursday #missingmyband #CREDO #CFCYouthforLife#XtremeDayz I need to cover something new sometime soon
- it’s monday. eh. but it’s also june 8, and… one year ago was my second graduation party; two years ago, i was watching LotR with Missy and Ryanand imbibing over breakfast-food-at-dinner with Trip; three years ago, i was heading out to Pond Hill for the first time; four years ago, i was getting hyped to walk for my first college degree; five years ago, Asher bombarded my wall with lady gaga; and six years ago, i was apparently still doing them facebook relationship chain survey whatchamacallit thingies. it’s monday, but it’s also a good day in ais’ history.
- Whiskey Time + Rosary Time = New Year’s Eve at Andrew Finck‘s house.
- time to make some new happy memories at my favorite bar in Clifton.
- seriously, whatever station they’re playing at work today came straight off of my iPod =) and there were pinoys here asking for San Mig. happy Tuesday.
- someone tell me how to pronounce Crljenak [Kastelanski] please.
- // The clash of discord between mood and matter here was forced painfully home to the heart; and, as in laughter there are more dreadful phases than in tears, so was there in the steadiness of this agonized man an expression deeper than a cry. //Darker than Austen, lighter than Bronte. Good read, so far. Stef Ofhfs
- princess bride. fin =)
- 10 days. commence packing. +AMDG+
- chilling with my Godson’s fam this weekend <3 may baby, nakakagigil =)
- // The Stoics, ancient and modern, were proud of concealing their tears. He never concealed His tears; He showed them plainly on His open face at any daily sight, such as the far sight of His native city. Yet He concealed something. Solemn supermen and imperial diplomatists are proud of restraining their anger. He never restrained His anger. He flung furniture down the front steps of the Temple, and asked men how they expected to escape the damnation of Hell. Yet He restrained something… There was something that He hid from all men when He went up a mountain to pray. There was something that He covered constantly by abrupt silence or impetuous isolation. There was some one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth; and I have sometimes fancied that it was His mirth. // Chesterton, Orthodoxy
- never noticed the depressing side of sitwells… “Because you are afraid to love… I am alone.”
- a word of advice concerning epic dinosaur movies: if you cannot go on opening night, then opt for a sparsely populated late showing, accompanied by four men whom you believe to be among the least obnoxious of your acquaintances, so that you are sure to be the most obnoxious group present, and there will be no one around to shush you for laughing and applauding and yelling at all the wrong times for all the wrong reasons.#realfriendssharethebourbon
- What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword? As it is written: “For your sake we are being slain all the day; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Two weeks!!! Please RSVP, Like, and Share!!!https://www.facebook.com/events/398774166975282/
- counting down the hours to the half-way-to-St.-Patty’s-Day partay! come on out!!! Easter Rising