… the covenant with God broken in man’s heart… –> emphasis mine
The state of sin is part of “historical man,” both the one whom we read about in Matthew 19, that is, Christ’s questioner at that time, and also of any other potential or actual questioner of all times of history, and therefore, naturally, also of modern man. –> Oh yay, this I remember going into… original and historical and eschatological man.
- delimit – to fix or mark the limits or boundaries of; demarcate
- demarcate – to determine or mark off the boundaries or limits of… to separate distinctly
- diametrical – of, pertaining to, or along a diameter… in direct opposition; being at opposite extremes; complete
- dialectic – of, pertaining to, or of the nature of logical argumentation
- pericope – a selection or extract from a book